Explore and learn more about everything from market holiday changes and trading hours trends to options trading basics and the organization of financial markets and exchanges. If you use any of these articles in other publications, please give TradingHours.com credit by including a link.
History of the Stock Market Bell
Stock exchanges are steeped in tradition. One such traditional is ringing a bell to signify the start and end of the trading hours. The tradition started with the New York Stock Exchange and has been ...
7 Misconceptions about Stock Market Trading Hours and Holidays
When I started TradingHours.com back in 2015, I had no idea how complicated it was to accurately track when financial markets were open or closed. Initially, the goal was to merely make a countdown s...
After Hours Trading Explained
After-hours trading (some times abbreviated as AHT) refers to buying or selling securities outside of the standard trading hours. Each exchange has their own official trading hours. For the two larges...
What is Market Capitalization?
What is Market Cap of Market Capitalization? Market Cap is equal to the total number of shares times the price of a share. Individual stocks can have a market cap and entire stock exchanges can have a...
What is Euronext NV?
Euronext NV is the largest stock exchange in Europe with individual exchanges in Amsterdam, Brussels, London, Lisbon, and Paris. This multinational exchange was formed in 2000 when after the merger of...
- 7 Misconceptions about Stock Market Trading Hours and Holidays
- Trading Days Per Year
- How Trading Hours Vary by Region
- Is the Stock Market Closed for Good Friday?
- NYSE vs NASDAQ: What's the difference?
- Is the Stock Market Closed for Juneteenth?
- Saudi Stock Market Changes Trading Hours
- Options Strategies Guide
- History of the Stock Market Bell
- German Stock Exchanges Explained
- NYSE Historical Trading Schedules
- Updating Web Browser Settings
- 11 Events that Caused the NYSE to Close
- $1 Trillion Club: 16 Stock Exchanges with Market Cap Over $1 Trillion
- What is a Stock Index?
- What is Day Trading?
- What is Euronext NV?
- What is Market Capitalization?
- After Hours Trading Explained